Saturday, March 05, 2005

Days of the New

I have not blogged anything for months. Part of it is that I'm just plain lazy (I got an ipod at Christmas and still haven't learned how to use it yet....) and part of it is that I'm on a journey right now that began about 14 months ago with a serious car accident and culminated in my being fired from the Crossing this past week. I'll probably get in trouble for blogging about this but I'm not slamming the Crossing or feeling any ill will towards them at all. They did what they felt they needed to do for the future of the church, and I did what I did for my own health and sanity.
This road is not one that I anticipated consciously, but I think unconsciously I new the day would come when I'd part ways with the organized, evangelical church. I was just too lazy and too comfortable to actually do anything about the conflict I felt in my soul. Thankfully, God knows me better than I know myself.
So, here I am God. Today is the first day of the new life you are making for me. I don't know where it is or what it is, but I know it's not anything I will try to manipulate or control for my own benefit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think God has new plans for a lot of people in our community. It seems that you are going to be able to be more involved in it, and that excites me. We are fortunate that God has blessed us with a loving community that doesn't judge. We've all done things that probably weren't what God would have wanted. It's amazing sometimes that He still wants us. Know that you have a community that wants you. Love ya, Tim. Glad you're back.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Kenny said...

You're one of us - and from that, you can never be fired. It was great seeing you tonight.

10:44 PM  
Blogger The Hubbard Family said...

yeah, what meghann & kenny said goes for me too. as i said once before, we specialize in hard times. welcome back into such a people.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home