Monday, March 21, 2005

Temptation

I can reach out and feel it all around me
In the silence and every spoken word
In the writing tattooed across this subway
In the lyrics to every song I've heard

When I'm hiding it knows just where to find me
When I'm sleeping, it's drawing in my head
When I'm talking, it is the words inside me
And the images that float above my bed

It is sewn in the fabric of existence
It is part of a jaded history
I have loved it and it has left me empty
Why I still return remains a mystery

-these are the lyrics to a new song I'm working on called 'temptation'. I guess lately I'm feeling tempted to hate. Hate is such a solitary emotion that it can eat you alive inside and no one around you will ever know. The problem is that when you surrender to hate, it makes you feel really great for about 10 minutes. Maybe for some it's longer, but in the end it is always empty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Hate: aka The Dark Side


Yikes! Now I'M quoting Star Wars! I think it's time for a Chick Flick girls' night out! Someone HELP ME!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home